In Hemato Oncology, in cooperation with the departments of Hematology and Oncology, all the benign and malignant blood diseases and a competent treatment for all organ tumors are presented.
Adult Hemato Oncology
Adult Hemato Oncology Department consists of outpatient clinic, inpatient department, modern laboratories and intensive care support unit.
In the center where a strong academician staff is involved, besides providing international standards on bone marrow-stem cell transplantation; all services required by patients are provided.
In the section that performs the treatment processes in multidisciplinary structure;
- Multiple myeloma (malignant bone marrow disease of plasma cells),
- Lymphoma (hematologic lymph node cancer),
- Acute leukemia (blood cancer),
- Chronic leukemia,
- Bone marrow-stem cell transplantation may occur in patients with similar blood disease, such as bone marrow failure, aplasticanemia, and MDS, a form of bone marrow failure in the elderly.
Pediatric Hemato Oncology
The Pediatric Hemato Oncology Department is supported by apheresis unit, pediatric intensive care, pediatric nephrology, pediatric neurology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric endocrinology, pediatric gastroenterology and pediatric chest diseases. Both autologous (from the patient) and allogenic (in another) transplantations can be performed.
In the section, diseases that can be treated by hematopoietic stem cell transplantation are:
- Non-responsive leukemia, lymphoma and some cancers
- Congenital or acquired blood diseases (Mediterranean anemia, sickle cell anemia)
- Congenital or acquired bone marrow deficiencies (such as aplastic anemia)
- Deficiencies in the body defense system (such as severe combined immunodeficiency)
- Congenital metabolic diseases (such as andrenoleukodystrophy)